The European Centre for Advanced Studies (ECAS) was founded in 2019 by the University of Glasgow (Scotland, United Kingdom) and the Leuphana University of Lüneburg (Lower Saxony, Germany). ECAS is a joint undertaking of both universities and established as an independent research institution with its registered seat in Lüneburg. ECAS’ aim is to foster the academic relationship between both institutions by providing researchers with a platform to develop joint research as well as study programmes.
We are looking for a Student or Graduate Assistant (20 – 40 hours/month)
as of 1 September 2023, who will support our team in continuing to build and shape ECAS as a successful research institution that can draw from the expertise of one of the oldest universities in the world, as well as of one of the most dynamic ones in the German university landscape.
– Registered student of Leuphana University of Lüneburg or the University of Glasgow
– Good command of written and spoken German
– Very good command of written and spoken English
– Ability to work flexibly, independently as well as part of a team
– Showing personal initiative to get projects going
– Strong organizational, social and intercultural skills
– Efficiency and accuracy
– Good Microsoft Office skills
– Supporting the planning and organisation of events (conferences, workshops etc.)
– Supporting the Academic Directors, the Academic Coordinators and the Managemen in organizational, administrative and academic tasks
– Supporting the coordination between researchers from the universities of Glasgow and Lüneburg in order to explore common research interfaces
– Preparation of data and research work in German and English
– Preparation of communications (e.g. emails, announcements etc.)
– Preparation of marketing materials, such as flyers, posters, presentations etc.
What we offer
– Flexible working times
– Working in a motivated international team
– Insights into the practice of a research institution working across borders
– A chance to bring in your own ideas and shape the face of ECAS
– Support in the adaptation of new useful skills and tools
– Compensation in accordance with RdErl. d. MWK v. 30. 10. 2019 — 21-71063-30
ECAS is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering gender equality and
heterogeneity among its staff. Applicants with handicaps and/or disabilities, but equal
qualifications will be given preferential consideration. We look forward to receiving your
creative and convincing application!
Please submit your application, including a motivational letter, your CV and other relevant
documents, to Judith Crämer and Karolina Michniewicz until 31 August 2023 via email@example.com.