The European Centre for Advanced Studies (ECAS) was founded in 2018 by the University of Glasgow (Scotland) and Leuphana University of Lüneburg (Lower Saxony, Germany). ECAS is a joint undertaking of both universities, but it is established as an independent research institution with its registered seat in Lüneburg. ECAS’ aim is to provide researchers from both universities with a platform to develop joint research as well as study programmes and foster the academic relations between both institutions.
We are looking for the earliest possible date for a
Student Assistant (20 – 30 hours/month)
who will support our team in continuing to build and shape ECAS as a successful research institution that can draw from the expertise of one of the oldest universities in the world, as well as of one of the most dynamic ones in the German university landscape.
- Registered student of Leuphana University Lüneburg or the University of Glasgow
- Good written and spoken German skills
- Very good written and spoken English skills
- Ability to work flexibly, independently as well as part of a team
- Showing personal initiative to get projects going
- Strong organizational and social skills
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Supporting the the Managing Directors in organizational and administrative tasks
- Supporting day-to-day business, especially mail and document management
- Supporting of financial processes, such as in communication with our tax consultants and preparing the annual financial statements
- Supporting HR processes, such as adapting contracts and ensuring a successful onboarding of new staff
- Supporting of planning and organising of events (conferences, workshops, etc.)
What we offer
- Flexible working times
- Work in a motivated international team
- Insights into the practice of a research institution working across borders
- Chance to bring in your own ideas and shape the face of ECAS
- Support in the adaptation of new useful skills and tools
ECAS is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering heterogeneity among its staff. Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be given priority consideration. We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please submit your application, including a motivation letter as well as your CV and other relevant documents, to Judith Crämer and Christoph Kleineberg (email@example.com).