The University of Glasgow is hosting an online event on the Future of Internationalisation taking place on Wednesday, 25 and Thursday, 26 May 2022.
UofG’s international partners are offered a platform to share collective experiences and best practices, as well as explore new opportunities in research, learning and teaching, student experience and partnership development.
The event programme includes representatives from academia and industry partners: the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), Glasgow City Council, Tata Consultancy Services and Universities UK International (UUKi). The programme also includes speakers from the UofG’s network partners U21, The Guild, CIVIS and African Research Universities Alliance (ARUA) as well as international partners spanning the globe.
Professor Sir Anton Muscatelli, Principal and Vice-Chancellor at University of Glasgow, will be the keynote speaker for the opening plenary. There will be several interesting sessions to deepen discussions on a variety of topics:
- How to tackle global challenges and build sustainable futures/what role can the universities play to build sustainable and impactful global partnerships
- Think Local, Act Global: Supporting and connecting with local communities as a global civic university
- New ways of supporting international research collaborations
- Internationalisation and reputation
- Embedding collaborative online international learning (COIL) into the curriculum/educational changes in future learning & teaching
- Increasing student experience and mobility, and strengthening industrial links
Please find more information on the programme, speakers and registration here. Registration is free of charge! We are looking forward to seeing you in the virtual space!