The European Centre for Advanced Studies (ECAS) was founded in 2019 by the University of Glasgow (Scotland, United Kingdom) and Leuphana University of Lüneburg (Lower Saxony, Germany). ECAS is a joint undertaking of both universities and established as an independent research institution with its registered seat in Lüneburg. ECAS’ aim is to foster the academic relationship between both institutions by providing researchers with a platform to develop joint research as well as study programmes.
We are looking for a Student or Graduate Assistant (20 – 40 hours/month) as of 1 June 2021. The assistant will support our team in building and shaping ECAS as a successful research institution that can draw from the expertise of one of the oldest universities in the world, as well as of one of the most dynamic ones in the German university landscape.
Place of Employment is Lüneburg, Germany.
- Registered student of Leuphana University Lüneburg or the University of Glasgow (preferably taking part in a joint study programme of Leuphana and the UofG)
- Ability to work flexibly, independently as well as part of a team
- Very good written and spoken English skills
- Showing personal initiative to get projects going
- Strong organizational and social skills
- Efficiency and accuracy
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Supporting the Academic Directors, the Academic Coordinators and Management in organizational, administrative and academic tasks
- Supporting the coordination between researchers from the universities of Glasgow and Lüneburg in order to explore common research interfaces
- Support in the planning and organisation of events (conferences, workshops, etc.)
- Preparation of data and research work in German and English
- Preparation of marketing material, such as flyers, posters, presentations, etc.
- Preparation of communications
What we offer
- Flexible working times
- Work in a motivated international team
- Insights into the practice of a research institution working across borders
- A chance to bring in your own ideas and shape the face of ECAS
- Compensation in accordance with RdErl. d. MWK v. 30. 10. 2019 – 21-71063-30 (http://www.voris.niedersachsen.de/jportal/?quelle=jlink&query=VVND-222100-MWK-20191030-SF&psml=bsvorisprod.psml&max=true)
ECAS is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering heterogeneity among its staff. Applicants with handicaps and/or disabilities and with equal qualifications will be given priority consideration. We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Deadline for applications is 15 May 2021. Please submit your application, including a letter of motivation, your CV and any other relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.