The European Centre for Advanced Studies (ECAS) was founded in 2019 by the University of Glasgow (Scotland) and the Leuphana University of Lüneburg (Lower Saxony, Germany). ECAS is a joint undertaking of both universities and established as an independent research institution with its registered seat in Lüneburg. ECAS’ aim is to provide researchers from both universities with a platform to develop joint research as well as study programmes and foster the academic relations between both institutions.
We are looking for the earliest possible date for an Student or Graduate Assistant (20 – 40 hours/month) who will support our team in building and shaping ECAS as a successful research institution that can draw from the expertise of one of the oldest universities in the world, as well as of one of the most dynamic ones in the German University Landscape.
Place of Employment is Lüneburg, Germany.
- Registered student of Leuphana University Lüneburg or the University of Glasgow (preferably taking part in a joint study programme of Leuphana and the UofG)
- Ability to work flexible, independently as well as part of a team
- Very good written and spoken English skills
- Showing personal initiative to get projects going
- Strong organizational and social skills
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Supporting the Academic Directors, the Academic Coordinators and Management in organizational, administrative and academic tasks
- Supporting the coordination between researchers from the universities of Glasgow and Lüneburg in order to explore common research interfaces
- Supporting planning and organising of events (conferences, workshops, etc.)
- Preparation of data and research work in German and English
- Preparation of marketing material, such as flyers, posters, presentations etc.
- Support in keeping the Centre’s online presence (website as well as social media) up to date
What we offer
- Flexible working times
- Work in a motivated international team
- Insights into the practice of a research institution working across borders
- Chance to bring in your own ideas and shape the face of ECAS from the very beginning
- Compensation in accordance with RdErl. d. MWK v. 23. 7. 2014 – 21-71063-20
ECAS is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering heterogeneity among its staff. Applicants with handicaps and/or disabilities and with equal qualifications will be given priority consideration. We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Deadline for applications is 22 September 2019. Please submit your application, including a letter of motivation, your CV and any other relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.