The European Centre for Advanced Studies (ECAS) was founded in 2019 by the University of Glasgow (Scotland) and the Leuphana University of Lüneburg (Lower Saxony, Germany). ECAS is a joint undertaking of both universities and established as an independent research institution with its registered seat in Lüneburg. ECAS’ aim is to provide researchers from both universities with a platform to develop joint research as well as study programmes and foster the academic relations between both institutions.
We are looking for two Student or Graduate Assistants (40 hours/month) who will support our team from 1 November 2020 until 30 November 2020 in the organization and especially technical realization of the first Lower Saxony – Scotland Joint Forum. The event aims at enhancing the cooperation and internationalization between Lower Saxonian and Scottish universities and takes place completely digitally.
Place of Employment is Lüneburg, Germany. However, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are working completely remotely.
- Registered student of Leuphana University Lüneburg or the University of Glasgow (preferably taking part in a study programme in the digital field)
- Ability to work flexible, independently as well as part of a team
- Very good written and spoken English skills
- Showing personal initiative to get projects going
- Strong organizational and social skills
- Strong skills in relation to Zoom and especially the moderation and management of webinars
- Strong skills in the field of social media
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Supporting the Academic Directors, the Academic Coordinators and the Management in the technical realization of the Joint Forum
- Supporting the planning and organization of the Joint Forum
- Preparation of data and research work in German and English
- Preparation of marketing material, such as flyers, posters, presentations etc.
- Support in keeping the Centre’s online presence (website as well as social media) up to date
What we offer
- Flexible working times
- Work in a motivated international team
- Insights into the practice of a research institution working across borders
- Chance to bring in your own ideas and shape the face of ECAS from the very beginning
ECAS is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering heterogeneity among its staff. Applicants with handicaps and/or disabilities and with equal qualifications will be given priority considerat
ion. We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Deadline for applications is 31 October 2020. Please submit your application, including a letter of motivation, your CV and any other relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.