The European Centre for Advanced Studies (ECAS) was founded in 2019 by the University of Glasgow (Scotland, United Kingdom) and the Leuphana University of Lüneburg (Lower Saxony, Germany). ECAS is a joint undertaking of both universities and established as an independent research institution with its registered seat in Lüneburg. ECAS’ aim is to foster the academic relationship between both institutions by providing researchers with a platform to develop joint research as well as study programmes.
We are looking for a student assistant (16 hours/month) at the earliest date possible. In this role, you will support our team in building and shaping ECAS as a successful institution by maintaining its online presence.
Place of Employment is Lüneburg, Germany.
- Registered student of Leuphana University Lüneburg or the University of Glasgow
- Ability to work flexibly, independently as well as part of a team
- Experience with WordPress (and ideally Divi Builder) and social media platform management
- Excellent written and very good spoken English skills
- Showing personal initiative to get projects going
- Strong organizational and social skills
- Sensibility towards copyright and data protection requirements in the context of website management
- Keeping ECAS’ website and social media presence up to date
- Monitoring ECAS’ website and social media platforms as to possibilities to further improve the Centre’s online presence
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- Working in a young and motivated international team
- Insights into the practice of a research institution working across borders
- A chance to bring in your own ideas and shape the face of ECAS from the very beginning
- Compensation in accordance with RdErl. d. MWK v. 23. 7. 2014 – 21-71063-20
ECAS is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering heterogeneity among its staff. Applicants with handicaps and/or disabilities and with equal qualifications will be given priority consideration. We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please submit your application, including a letter of motivation, your CV and any other relevant documents until 15 March 2020 to email@example.com.