The European Centre for Advanced Studies (ECAS) was founded in 2019 by the University of Glasgow (Scotland, United Kingdom) and the Leuphana University of Lüneburg (Lower Saxony, Germany). ECAS is a joint undertaking of both universities and established as an independent research institution with its registered seat in Lüneburg. ECAS’ aim is to foster the academic relationship between both institutions by providing researchers with a platform to develop joint research as well as study programmes.
ECAS is seeking to recruit an academic coordinator to the earliest possible date. This is a part time position (25%, 10 hours per week, fixed term appointment until 31 August 2023). While the position is initially starting at 25%, it is intended to extend the working hours to a 50% FTE subject to available funding. In your role as academic coordinator, you will actively shape ECAS as a successful institution by supporting researchers from Lower Saxony and Scotland in establishing and strengthening academic collaboration.
Place of Employment is Lüneburg, Germany.
- At least a bachelor’s degree, preferably a master’s degree or a similar qualification;
- Prior experience in science management;
- Ability to work flexibly, independently as well as part of a team;
- Experience with funding applications is a strong asset;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in German and English;
- Showing personal initiative to get projects going;
- Strong organizational and social skills;
- Supporting the academic directors in organizational, administrative and academic tasks
- Connecting researchers from institutions in Lower Saxony and Scotland
- Keeping an eye on funding opportunities for projects of research collaborations
- Supporting researchers in their application for funding
- Communication with staff from universities in Lower Saxony and Scotland
- Organization of events
- Support in shaping the academic agenda of ECAS
- Drafting news articles for the ECAS academic committee and website
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- Working in a young and motivated team
- Insights into the practice of a research institution working across borders
- A chance to bring in your own ideas and shape the face of ECAS
- Compensation in accordance with TV-L E13
ECAS is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering heterogeneity among its staff. Applicants with handicaps and/or disabilities and with equal qualifications will be given priority consideration. We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please submit your application, including a letter of motivation, your CV and any other relevant documents until 15 March 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.